Commuter Bike Store Breezer Greenway DX Hybrid Bike 24 Speed - 2011 ModelCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsMiiR Bottles one4oneBionX: Electrify Your BikeXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesElectric Bike ReportPlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better world

Top Ten Reasons NOT to Commute by Bike

by j j

The Big Fat Geeks
Top Ten Reasons
NOT
to Commute by Bike

10 Your health insurance is a company benefit and your increased health would equate to a loss by using your benefits less.
9 Its hard to smoke, put on make-up, shave, or talk on a cell phone when you’re cycling.

You won’t spend as much quality time sitting in your truly enjoyable car.

7 Your insurance agent is a great guy and you’d hate to stop paying car insurance premiums.
6 If too many people do it, gas stations and car lots will go out of business, adding to the unemployed.
5 The many options of what you can do with the money saved on gas, insurance, and maintenance, may cause minor dilemmas.
4 The natural high and energy rush you’ll feel daily will increase your performance at work, possibly leading to a promotion and better pay, further compounding reason number 5.
3 You’ll lose weight and new clothes are too darn expensive!
2 Your fitness level may cause you to outlive your friends and be lonely in your old age.

Its just too much trouble eating the extra food you need for energy.

BOB Trailer Sale

11 Responses to “Top Ten Reasons NOT to Commute by Bike”

1. j j says:

I actually have a few more – but not enough to make another top ten list yet. Let’s hear your best reason NOT to commute by bike!

2. Moe says:

1. People may call me a Bike Geek…

3. Anonymous says:

– you may encounter live human beings and be forced to exchange greetings; something your car protects you from.

4. Anonymous says:

The manly smell of the gym is much more appealing for me when I work out – who needs fresh air and sunshine anyway.

5. Anonymous says:

I love the panoramic view from my windshield… and staring at the bumper of other cars while listening to the morning zoo crew on the radio really gets me going.

6. Anonymous says:

Too much physical activity makes you horny… I hate sex. I’d rather sit on a car seat on the way to work, sit in my desk chair for 8 hours, then sit on the couch till I fall asleep. That’s what I’m talkin about -

7. [...] ogD”> Reasons to NOT commute by bike By Dedge @ 12:59 PST on Thu 16 Mar 2006 The Top Ten Reasons NOT to Commute by Bike, from commutebybike.com. 10 [...]

8. [...] March 22nd, 2006 in Advocacy Commute by bike has ten good reasons NOT to commute by bicycle. 5 – The many options of [...]

9. Phil Eric says:

Interesting information.
    _______________
    Car insurance quotes

10. Juno888 says:

what a great information you post in this site.. i like it..