Ortlieb Bike Bags & PanniersUtility Cycling - Use Your BicycleBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryBionX: Electrify Your BikeBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearCommuter Bike Store Fuji CambridgeRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesMiiR Bottles one4oneChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShinePlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better world

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to commutebybike.com!

by RL Policar
Yup, we’ve been here for a year now. When CBB first opened its doors, it was just me running the show. CBB was conceived due to the Bike To Work contest I had won last year. We gradually started to grow in our hits per day and Partners. Then I recruited Moe, then my wife Priscilla and we found a great guy named JJ, then my big brother Randy and most recent to our family of commuters, Nick James.

Here are some of the posts we did about a year ago. CLICK HERE

So just to refamiliarize you with who makes up CBB, here they are:

RL

Moe

Priscilla

JJ

Randy

and our very own Derek Zoolander, Nick James

Thanks again to all of you that have made CBB a great place for commuter info and also an awesome place to hang out in. I would like to specially thank our Partners for providing us awesome products to test and review and of couse The Crooked Cog Network for building and hosting our site, thanks TIM!

13 Responses to “Happy 1 Year Anniversary to commutebybike.com!”

1. Nick says:

RL: I think you need a more seasonal picture of me. That shot from the dead of December is so discouraging!

Here’s a more recent shot of me and my noble steed.

2. RL Policar says:

Send it in and I’ll post it for you. Will you be sending me your black and white glossy shots?

3. Randy says:

GLAMOUR SHOTS! Just kidding ;)

4. j j says:

commutebybike.com really is a great source of info for commuters – I’m very proud to be a little part of it… commutebybike.com Rocks!

5. Nick says:

Sent. It’s the same photo as the link.

6. Nick says:

MERMAN!!! *sniff*

7. RL Policar says:

I like those capri/knickers…where’d you get em?

8. Nick says:

Those are actually good ol’ military fatigues with the cuff pulled up to the knee and safety-pinned in place. That drawstring at the knee should be at the ankle. They are my absolute favorite pants/shorts to ride in – I don’t know why they’re so comfortable.

9. RL Policar says:

Do they have them in “husky” size? Dude, for being a civilian, you sure know alot about the military and you even wear their stuff. I’ve got a pair of those somethere, I might just give it a try.

Thanks

10. Nick says:

It’s cause I’m a utilitarian/survivalist at heart. I’m not really a military type, but they sure now how to make some useful clothing and equipment.

11. RL Policar says:

Would it be safe to say you’re kinda like the NY commuter version of McGyver?

Me I’m just cheap. I can’t justify spending too much on gear. I’m pretty lucky since Randy gives me his old Army clothes, so you might see me on the site with some camo knickers pretty soon.

12. One year already?!?! That’s awesome. You guys have done a great job with the site.

13. Travis says:

Man one year. I started reading about october… And actually started riding about the same time. Nick.. I dig your style… I actually seen a guy on base the other day using a military issue helmet….. for a bike helmet, but then again he was in uniform.

Travis