MiiR Bottles one4oneBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryElectric Bike ReportXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearCommuter Bike Store Fuji TahoeBionX: Electrify Your BikePlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerOrtlieb Bike Bags & Panniers

Where’d Everyone Go?

by RL Policar

As Summer kicks in to high gear I started noticing less activity on CBB. I began to wonder if it was something I said or perhaps my deoderant wasn’t working. But I quickly remembered that Summer means time for vacations.

vacation

I’m curious to know how many people incorporate bicycles into their vacation? Do you go on those long bicycle tours or do you just hang out at a resort and do nothing but Chillax?

The Chariot Summer Sale - 2013

10 Responses to “Where’d Everyone Go?”

1. eric says:

We went to Chicago for 4th of July and rented some cruisers for a day. Lots of fun exploring a real bike-friendly city.

2. RL Policar says:

Priscilla and I prefer taking vacation days here and there. When we do have a day off, we normally will go for a ride together at the local trail.

3. Marc Wadaga says:

My wife, 2 daughters, and I took our bikes, trailer-bike, and Chariot trailer and rode along the Lake Michigan shore. What a blast sharing bicycling with 2 kids under 4 yrs!

4. Chris says:

I plan to look into some bike rentals in Colorado in two weeks on my honeymoon. That is, if I make it out of the room! ;)

5. RL Policar says:

If anyone is visiting the Southern California area, specifically Orange County, hit me up. I have bikes you can ride and I’ll be glad to show you some awesome trails!

6. Gordon says:

I’ve had to stay off my bike the past 10 days due to weather– It’s 105? at 5:00pm! Last Saturday night, got out of the movies at 10pm and it was 98?– Lived my whole life in same area here in California and it has always cooled off at night. Not lately though!—

I’m heading to Cabo in a week, anyone know if there are any bike-related things to do there (road or mountain)? I know, it’ll be hot there too, but I’m getting desperate to get back on a bike

7. RL Policar says:

I feel ya pain Gordon. It sucks right now. I can’t ride in this heat either.

8. Dan says:

I try to take my bike on work trips. If I drive, the bike goes in the trunk.

9. JiMCi says:

Just back from holidays, went from Montreal to the coast of Maine. Last year, I got there on my bike (2 days, about 500 kms) but this year, I drove (and rode every day). It’s easy over there to guess where vacationers are from, just from looking at their car roof: if they have a kayak rack, they are from New England; if it’s a bike rack, they are from Quebec.