Utility Cycling - Use Your BicycleRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerBike Bag Shop -- Grocery, Shopping, Market PanniersMiiR Bottles one4oneBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsPlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineBionX: Electrify Your BikeCommuter Bike Store Breezer Uptown Infinity

Bicycle Tattoo

by Randy Policar

Each tattoo means something different to every person. But how much of a bike geek do you have to be to get a bicycle tattoo?

Bike Tattoo

14 Responses to “Bicycle Tattoo”

1. RL Policar says:

I saw picture of a guy with a tattoo that said, “Single Speed For Life”

But the funny thing was, he was on a 9 speed bike…

2. Ventura says:

That’s a nice tatoo – except that his chain’s too long. Check out the derailleur position and the gear it’s in.

3. Nick says:

… and if the derailleur is in that position even when the gremlin is picking up the slack, you’re really gonna have problems shifting. Also, I think the chain and seat stays are made out of swords. This doesn’t seem like a well-made bike.

4. I read that he could shift gears when he flexes!

5. Mucous Welby says:

And I count either 34 or 35 spokes. The pattern seems a little off. Some groups of 4 spokes and some of 5. Whoops.
    Tats => the ponytail of the 2000′s…

6. Lalaine Policar says:

Randy is that your tattoo???

7. No I was surfing the net for bicycle tattoos and saw it.

8. [...] -Randy found a picture of a tattoo with a ‘bike theme’ and ask how big of a bike geek can you be to have such tattoo. My question is, how big of a bike geek do you have to be to criticize the accuracy of the bike parts? (read the comments) [...]

9. Doug says:

I also have a bike tattoo, and I say…ride on bro…ride on!

10. RL Policar says:

Doug, send us a pic of your tatoo and we’ll post it. Just as long as its family friendly.

rl@commutebybike.com

11. The Kidd says:

I can only dream of this today…see about another photo, prontobutterfly
    tattoo designs

12. Soulfull Commuter says:

I was talking to someone the other day and we thought a tattoo that looked like the grease mark from a chain ring would be cool on the inside of the right calf.

13. Shawn says:

awesome tattoo, im going to share with with my friends if you dont mind.