Utility Cycling - Use Your BicycleBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerPlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersCommuter Bike Store Breezer Greenway DX Hybrid Bike 24 Speed - 2011 ModelBionX: Electrify Your BikeCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesMiiR Bottles one4oneChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger Bags

Bicycle Tattoo

by Randy Policar

Each tattoo means something different to every person. But how much of a bike geek do you have to be to get a bicycle tattoo?

Bike Tattoo

14 Responses to “Bicycle Tattoo”

1. RL Policar says:

I saw picture of a guy with a tattoo that said, “Single Speed For Life”

But the funny thing was, he was on a 9 speed bike…

2. Ventura says:

That’s a nice tatoo – except that his chain’s too long. Check out the derailleur position and the gear it’s in.

3. Nick says:

… and if the derailleur is in that position even when the gremlin is picking up the slack, you’re really gonna have problems shifting. Also, I think the chain and seat stays are made out of swords. This doesn’t seem like a well-made bike.

4. I read that he could shift gears when he flexes!

5. Mucous Welby says:

And I count either 34 or 35 spokes. The pattern seems a little off. Some groups of 4 spokes and some of 5. Whoops.
    Tats => the ponytail of the 2000′s…

6. Lalaine Policar says:

Randy is that your tattoo???

7. No I was surfing the net for bicycle tattoos and saw it.

8. [...] -Randy found a picture of a tattoo with a ‘bike theme’ and ask how big of a bike geek can you be to have such tattoo. My question is, how big of a bike geek do you have to be to criticize the accuracy of the bike parts? (read the comments) [...]

9. Doug says:

I also have a bike tattoo, and I say…ride on bro…ride on!

10. RL Policar says:

Doug, send us a pic of your tatoo and we’ll post it. Just as long as its family friendly.

rl@commutebybike.com

11. The Kidd says:

I can only dream of this today…see about another photo, prontobutterfly
    tattoo designs

12. Soulfull Commuter says:

I was talking to someone the other day and we thought a tattoo that looked like the grease mark from a chain ring would be cool on the inside of the right calf.

13. Shawn says:

awesome tattoo, im going to share with with my friends if you dont mind.