MiiR Bottles one4oneBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineBionX: Electrify Your BikeXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesElectric Bike ReportBike Bag Shop -- Grocery, Shopping, Market PanniersPlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldCommuter Bike Store Fuji TahoeChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger Bags

1974 Schwinn Stingray Fairlady…Keep it or Sell it?

by RL Policar

Just today I bought myself a 1974 Schwinn Stingray Fairlady (Chicago made). It’s in excellent condition. From what I’ve learned, this bike is some what popular with the bike collectors. Everything on it is original. Even the tires say Schwinn on them!

So here’s the kicker, I bought it for a low price of $50!

I’m still debating if I should keep it or sell it…

What do you think?

The Chariot Summer Sale - 2013

18 Responses to “1974 Schwinn Stingray Fairlady…Keep it or Sell it?”

1. nate says:

sell it, use the money to buy something that you will use. Or something nice for the lady.

2. Eri says:

I suggest you check out http://www.schwinn.com under the bikes,heritage,and then collectors there is link for posting messanges you might find exactly how much that bike really is. if you are a collector I would say keep it, but if it’s me. I dont collect bikes so I would probably sale it.

3. Chris says:

Kepp it! Lovely little bike.

4. Definately hold on to it! That’s a pretty cool bike. It’s even older than you. And it’s something the girls could ride around.

5. Moe says:

Sell it to me!!! J/K See my ‘Owning a piece of bike history post’

6. Carl says:

I think you should keep it because its a unique bike and people shouldn’t collect bikes they should ride them thats what they were built for.

7. heidi says:

you should sell it!… as a matter of fact, you should sell it to me :) i had this bike as a little girl and now my niece is at that age where she is starting to ride and I would LOVE to get it for her for her birthday! I promise I will take good care of it, feed it, walk it and clean it every day :) such fond, dear memories with my fair lady… i am a serious buyer. my email address is heidicarrero@optimum.net

8. J says:

It’s a 1978 not ’74

9. kelly M says:

I learned to ride my brother’s sting ray, it was so easy because I could push my feet along and learn to balance. Then very soon I could pedal and still balance.

I bought one at and antique shop and just the other day, my little girl learned to ride on the Sting Ray Fair Lady!

I knew it would work!

Keep it or sell it to an avid collector. Scwhinn’s are now made by the Chinese, and the NEW Sting Ray does not sit the same way as the old one.

It looks similar, but the handlebars are set at an uncomfortable, too-high angle, and the bike just doesnt “feel” right. A bad copy of an awesome original design.

10. JOE says:

Found one in a dumpster 2 weeks ago exelent condition it;s blue 1978 stingray fairlady just like the one you have

11. Clau says:

If you plan on selling it, I’m interested. =)
    But if you keep it, it would be a nice collector bicycle.

12. Clau says:

Joe, are you going to sell it? I used to own one until it was stolen from me 10 years ago. It had sentimental value because my grandmother gave it to me. Mine was green. These bicycles are fun to ride. I had a blast and I would like to own one.

13. Ty says:

I havea very good condition fair lady in blue also that I am wiling to sell. My email is Necronical@mchsi.com let me know please.. THANKS A BUCH

14. yo says:

Hey buddy, according to the serial number your bike is a 1978. Confirm at schwinncodes.com

15. JJ says:

If it where a mens I would say keep it. But its a womans. The womans are going for allot less because the girls took good care of them. The boy beat them to death. I am a collector and I can pick theses girls bikes up for around 50-100 all day long. put it on eBay and ask a couple hundred and see if you can get 150 or so.

16. Denise Kingsley says:

my daughters bike was stolen like this, if you are interested in selling please email!

17. Sarah P says:

I have a Green Fair Lady for sale on etsy currently. It has all of the original parts and being sold as is for $200 plus shipping from Chicago. Color is green with pink floral vinyl seat. Model number DF14055. Some restoration is required. All parts are original including the tires, pedals and handlebar grips. Selling as is.

18. Jeremy says:

I have a 1975 Schwinn Sting-Ray Fair lady bike that is in pretty good shape. Its blue and needs new Schwinn tires. I can send you pics by text or by e-mail if you are interested or know other that are. Very beautiful collector bike to enjoy history.