Chrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsBike Bag Shop -- Grocery, Shopping, Market PanniersCommuter Bike Store Fuji TahoeOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersBionX: Electrify Your BikeRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesMiiR Bottles one4oneCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShinePlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldElectric Bike ReportBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling Gear

How NOT to lock up your bike

by Commute by Bike

found on flickr [sanse] via Treadly and Me

The Chariot Summer Sale - 2013

7 Responses to “How NOT to lock up your bike”

1. This is the sort of person who think pig latin is a good way to communicate secret messages.

2. jd says:

I had to study this photo a couple times. An honest mistake maybe?

3. "C" says:

I had to look at this photo a few times to see it too. I’m glad I waited until I grasped all of the details before I commented; I would suggest something similar to Mr. Fellrath. If you’re going to mock someone in writing, you should make sure that your subject and verb agree before putting it out there.

4. Tim Grahl says:

Everybody take it easy… it’s a funny picture. The main reason I posted it is one of the first times I ever locked up my bike I did something very similar. Luckily I realized it before I left it there, but it made me laugh at myself.

Hopefully this guy did the same thing when he came back to his bike.

I took a similar photo a couple of years ago.

6. JiMCi says:

“Hopefully this guy did the same thing when he came back to his bike.”

That is, if his bike was still there!

;-)

7. Miss Moppet says:

I have been extremely careful about where I lock my bike, after having one stolen years ago…It was locked to the outer support of a crowded college bike rack that APPEARED to be bolted into the concrete. Appearances were deceptive! On closer inspection the bolts were loose, and the thief had an easy job of lifting up the foot of the metal rack and slipping my lock off. Also had a near-miss when I confronted someone in the wee hours slicing into a wooden porch support with a hacksaw to liberate my next bicycle. Live and learn!