RideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerMiiR Bottles one4oneBionX: Electrify Your BikeXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesElectric Bike ReportPlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryCommuter Bike Store Fuji CambridgeCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling Gear

San Jose earthquake

by Richard Masoner

I’ve heard this local earthquake has made the national news, so I wanted to post a quick (off-topic) note that all is well in the land of Fritz. I definitely felt the quake in my home, which measured magnitude 5.6 in San Jose, California. The USGS is calling this a “moderate” quake. Things rattled pretty good but nothing is damaged in my area.

9 Responses to “San Jose earthquake”

1. John says:

San Jose Earthquakes? That would be a great name for a team. Much better than say, Huston Dynamo.

2. Choke says:

Nothing damaged here in Fremont either. I totally missed the 3.something quake yesterday while I was a work. Must’ve been busy or something.

3.7 aftershock at 4 p.m. I think. I missed that too in Menlo Park.

We’ve got the Sharks in San Jose. Anything is better than the Ducks of Anaheim, even if they do own the Stanley Cup right now.

4. LA Rider says:

The ‘quakes are already playing with heart in San Berdoo’. Sorry amigos del norte.

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes in San Bernardino county. Who woulda figured?

6. John says:

Maybe San Jose could get Landon to move back to town from the Galaxy.

7. [...] Archive » 5.6 Earthquake in San Fran.. Inside Bay Area > Unscripted > Bay Area Earthquake San Jose earthquake | Commute by Bike Gregory Szorc’s blog – My First Earthquake Earthquake Advisory Issued For San Francisco Bay [...]

8. wescycl says:

Bay area Critical Mass for Halloween on video. watch it on youtube

Critical Mass San Francisco Oct 2007

9. megan says:

hi im megan and i am doing a prj for school can u tell me the tiome that the eartyhquake happened and how it effetced people in the community with there houses and other things. thankss