Well, I guess it’s my turn to post. I’m excited to be here among the other new writers and the familiar favorites.
I’m a geek that’s obsessed with statistics and numbers. At the beginning of 2007, I created a spreadsheet to track my miles. I’d only been riding for 3 months, and my goal was to watch as my rides got more frequent and more lengthy. 2008 is going to be my second full year of bike commuting and my goals have changed quite a bit. I’m continuing the tradition with a new spreadsheet that’s cleaner and tracks the things that I’m interested in:
- Car commute days: I want this number to be as low as possible for 2008!
- Bus-assisted multi-mode commutes, which are a blessing in the winter
- Separate mileage counters for commuting, errands, and recreation
- Separate mileage counters for each bike for maintenance purposes
- Temperature extremes
- Cold weather clothing logs to help me fine-tune my attire for those really chilly days
I created a simplified Excel spreadsheet for you to download. You can easily modify it or import it into Google Spreadsheets as well, or you could just use it as it is. If you don’t already have a method in place, now is the perfect time to start!
Download: 2008 Cycling Log
Do you keep track of your riding? If so, drop us a line and tell us what you use.