Banjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearBike Bag Shop -- Grocery, Shopping, Market PanniersXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesMiiR Bottles one4oneOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersBionX: Electrify Your BikePlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsCommuter Bike Store Breezer Greenway DX Hybrid Bike 24 Speed - 2011 ModelRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerElectric Bike Report

Riding on Sidewalks

by Warren T

I have a good buddy who has decided the time has come for him to begin his own commute by bike. He’ll have a 20 mile round trip that he is bound and determined to ride entirely on sidewalks. I’d tried to talk him out of the sidewalk thing, but he’d prefer to try that first. My guess is that he’ll get comfortable enough to ride the majority of the trip in the streets pretty quickly. We’ll see — at least he is giving it a go.

There is an article on tallahassee.com today that does a great job of talking about sidewalk riding. Rather than recap here, I’ll point you to the article which is a quick and informative read.

I do want to share my favorite quote, which should sum up for those of you who are skimming through your RSS feeds:

“You’d think drivers would see a bicyclist on the sidewalk. But many don’t, Sands said, because the road is a driver’s ‘arc of attention.’”

31 Responses to “Riding on Sidewalks”

1. Meep says:

I find it interesting now that I drive, I see cyclists before I see anyone else. Unfortunately, that caused an accident. I was waiting for a kid on a BMX to cross the sidewalk, and after he did, I ran into a huge truck. I didn’t see it!

2. dvicci says:

Wow. You won’t catch me on the sidewalks. Sidewalks are fraught with dangers made the more so because they are subtle (and quick to anger). Like the article said, drivers just aren’t looking for people popping out on the sidewalk. To make myself more visible, I typically take the lane at every intersection to make sure they don’t inadvertently squeeze me over while they pass me through the light or stop sign.

He can stop at all the intersections, lighted and not, and be safer. Even green lights going his way would suggest a stop to be on the safe side. He’ll still have to be hyper aware of all non regulated intersections and even (especially) driveways.

Still, at least it’s better than the guy I’ve seen the last two days near 75th and Lamar, going the wrong way against traffic, wearing all black from head to toe, with no lights or reflectors. I fail grasp the kind of logic that would lead to him thinking that manner of riding is a good idea.

3. Brent Shultz says:

As a kid, I was hit twice by cars (was knocked over; no serious damage to me or my bike)… Both times were because I was riding on the sidewalk and a car pulled towards the curb and, well, there I was. My fault for sure and that 2nd time got me off the sidewalk for good.

This year, my Daughter began riding her bike to School and I can not for the life of me convince her that the sidewalk is more dangerous. Of course, I think that’s the rebellious teen in her not wanting to believe anything dear old Dad says, but I have to cross my fingers and hope that if she does get clipped, it’s a minor knock down like I got.

Unnerving.

I might hop on a sidewalk for short stretches (1) ONLY if the sidewalk is otherwise unoccupied by pedestrians and (2) to get around an obstruction on the road and only if there aren’t driveways and intersections. Sidewalks sometimes also provide shortcuts between neighborhoods are to the road from a parking lot. I might also go the wrong way down a sidewalk for some special circumstances, like to avoid going another half mile down the road to do a U turn to get to my destination.

In general, though, sidewalks are danger zones. A guy I know, “Bob” told me he began cycling about five years and he absolutely refuses to leave the sidewalk because the roads are “too dangerous.” As proof of how dangerous the roads are, he tells me about all the close calls and bad collisions he’s had since he started biking (remember, he always rides on the sidewalk) – he’s had some insane number (something like 20) bike-car collisions over five years and a half dozen emergency room visits, including two that required extended hospital stays.

In my 20+ years of cycling on the road in all conditions, I’ve had four car encounters, none of which resulted in injury requiring medical treatment. I suggested to Bob that he might try something different, but he still insists the sidewalks are safer…

5. Noah says:

There are times you’ll catch me on the sidewalk, but there are some serious caveats to this.

1) 360 degree awareness is a must. Attacks happen from all angles. This includes oncoming traffic that may turn without a signal, vehicles coming up behind you that may “hook” in front of you or broadside you, and cross traffic from both directions.

2) Every driveway, parking lot entrance, and intersection where the road next to you would usually have right-of-way is to be treated as an uncontrolled “chicken” intersection. Since you’re the vulnerable one, you’d better stop or at least be in a position to make sure no one is coming.

Once you’ve got that down, realize that riding on the sidewalk is illegal in a lot of places.

Now that that’s out of the way, the sidewalk is a TOOL in the cyclists bag of tricks. It can be very useful at times. I have a whole method that determines if it’s time to hit the sidewalk, but it boils down to a complete shift of thinking and riding between road and sidewalk.

On the road, I am a ridiculously slow-moving vehicle, subject to the laws and responsibilities of the road, and granted the same rights as motorized vehicles.

On the sidewalk, I am a fast-moving pedestrian, responsible for my own well-being and I should be granted no courtesy from the vehicles and need to be ready for it. Moving 5 feet to the right requires moving your brain a mile and completely changing everything about your riding style.

I’ll ride on the sidewalk if ALL of the conditions below are met simultaneously:
    There is a sidewalk
    I am unable to sustain a speed of 10 miles per hour (this is an arbitrary number that to me represents the breaking point of a vehicle vs. pedestrian)
    There are cars behind me waiting to get around
    There is no way for me to take the lane while allowing vehicles to safely pass me (oncoming traffic, no passing zone, median, etc)

That means, if I’m on a residential road with hardly any traffic, slogging at 6 MPH up a monster grade and there’s a sidewalk, I’m out in the lane.

If I’m climbing a monster grade on a major roadway with sidewalks, one lane in each direction, and I’m in a no-passing zone and cars are piling up behind me, I take the sidewalk.

If I’m riding slowly on snow and there is heavy oncoming traffic keeping people behind me from passing, I’ll get on the sidewalk.

If I can keep up a nice 12-15 MPH pace or faster and there’s no good way around me… then it sucks to be behind me. You’ll find me out in the street with the rest of the road-legal vehicles.

Also, I will use the sidewalk in an urban setting to go one or two blocks the wrong way on a one-way street.

Other than that, I’m always out on the road.

6. Jen (SLC) says:

It always amazes me how many people think biking on the sidewalk or a bike trail is safer than biking on the road. In addition to cars not seeing you, pedestrians also have a tendency to be pretty erratic.

I would try and talk your friend into taking one of the LAB bike safety classes. When I started commuting, I was nervous about riding near cars, but taking the class helped convince me that the street was safer than the sidewalk. I avoid the sidewalk unless I absolutely have to ride on it.

7. JoelGuelph says:

I have to say that I generally avoid the sidewalk with the exception of the odd construction zone or shortcut like has been noted above.
    I will say that the key to any car-bike encounter, whether on the sidewalk or on the road, is eye contact. I stare like I have a staring problem at the driver until I can see that they see me. If I don’t make eye contact, I slow down, to a stop if necessary.
    I suspect people will respond that they still don’t trust people even with eye contact, but I have never had a car/bike incident in over 10 years of commuting by living by that philosophy. I am up in Canada, and our stereotype of politeness might be playing a factor here.
    I can get a good feeling whether someone has the potential to be sketchy as soon as I make eye contact. Sometimes, I still stop after seeing them if they look anxious or nervous.

8. Jennifer says:

Sidewalks are useful for “impatient” left turns or scooting around a carjam in the street when there’s too much oncoming traffic, but those aren’t the safest tricks in the bag. I also have a weird habit of riding (often just walking) on the sidewalk over a bridge with open metal grating. I’m terrible.

9. Warren T says:

dvicci – wasn’t me. I ride Lamar from ~99th to 67th every Sunday… I love Lamar compared to the options of Metcalf and Nall.

Noah – yeah, I agree that the sidewalk is going to be his only real option at the moment to get from the Quivera side of 87th to the Switzer side.

10. xSmurf says:

Since so much has been expressed already, I’ll make only one point. Riding on the sidewalks is illegal here and will get you nowhere except facing a 35$ fine (plus fees). I’ve said enough

11. Alex says:

Riding on the sidewalk is 1) illegal in a lot of towns 2) lame.
    Tell your friend to grow a pair. Riding on the sidewalk is a dreadful experience, he’ll have to ride slow, and avoid the slew of pedestrians, he’s really better off in the street.

12. Ghost Rider says:

So dangerous…so illegal (in many areas). It’s a bad idea any way you look at it!

I’m with Noah and Fritz about using them for short stretches, though. Sometimes it’s the quickest way between two terrors!!! They both raised excellent points about the additional safety steps needed to keep yourself safe. And I use “safe” as a relative term…sidewalks are INDEED outside the “arc of attention” of motorists. Think about it as you drive around: do you stop back behind the sidewalk at an intersection and check to make sure it is clear before continuing on the road? Do you look both ways when turning onto a one-way street (don’t lie…most people don’t, and I’ve hit a bicyclist this way).

13. It’s an easy equation: 20 miles + sidewalk = very slow commute. He’ll either give it away entirely or get out onto the street.

14. JiMCi says:

I would never ride on a sidewalk because pedestrians are so erratic that there’s no way one can predict how they will behave. Riding the sidewlak is dangerous and may cause injuries or even death to pedestrians (many of them childrens). We cyclists have no business on sidewalks. Leave them to the people for which they where designed and built for, the pedestrians.

—————–

From our local code “492.1. In no case may the driver of a motorcycle or moped or a person riding a bicycle drive or ride on a sidewalk except where necessary or where so directed by a sign.” “504. Every person riding a bicycle who contravenes section 492.1 is guilty of an offence and is liable to a fine of $15 to $30.”

15. Quinn says:

I agree with Noah and Fritz and Ghost, Illegal, but the cops don’t bust the cyclist until something happens, And I have done it it avoid construction or a bid traffic situation Or a Big inconvience, IM more apt to cut through a parking lot than hit the sidewalk though.

16. Siouxgeonz says:

There’s a stretch or two in my life where the sidewalk makes more sense for the aforementioned reasons.
    How logical is the fellow?
    Does he understand the concept of “counterintuitive?”
    If he can’t, then he is more likely to join the ranks of folks who find sidewalks scary, and assume that the roads are like that only worse. The sidewalk mindset often translates to the “hug the right line” approach to street riding. When I was reading up on the stuff (I”m that level of geek – I want directions to everything :) ) I read lots of people saying “assert yourself! take your lane!” and it was phrased as an attitude thing and almost a political statement and that comes ‘way behind personal safety for me. Fortunately i found some of those good instructional materials at teh LIB site ( http://www.bikelib.org ) that explained that ‘arc of attention’ idea (though not in so many words – I’m grabbing that term) and how it’s real safety, not attitude. Then I tried things both ways and confirmed again and again (when I would forget and drift right) that indeed, cars pass more closely if you’re hugging the shoulder.
    Which is to say it takes more than *saying* ‘get on the street!’ or even experience riding, becuase if you ride with the “get out of the way” mentality, you are not seen and treated as traffic even by nice well-meaning drivers ’cause of how our brains work.
    Climbin’ off lectern…

17. r. says:

I hate sidewalks, but on one stretch of my commute there is no other option. It’s on a busy interstate exit, so the cars can have it. I hate it b/c there’s so much debris and there’s not enough room for me to pass the occasional pedestrian.

I’ve also been hit by someone turning left while riding on a sidewalk. After that, I pretty much avoid them altogether.

18. sasquatch2 says:

had a bad crash this fall, think I punctured my shinbone with my fender struts! Car stopped at light inches from the curb so I took a driveway ramp onto the sidewalk to go around so I wouldn’t have to slow down. after passing the car, I turned over the grass between the sidewalk and curb but my front tire caught into a grove hidden by the grass. Bike stopped but I flew into the street and slid into the front tire of a parked car. kinda made me want to stop commuting by bike because I felt like a dangerous looser! the B-boys in the car cracking up hysterically didn’t help…

moral: sidewalk shortcuts can be scary!

19. dvicci says:

sasquatch2 : Question – what was your intention where the traffic light was concerned? If the car was stopped at the light, would you not have been required to stop?

20. david p. says:

It’s an easy equation: 20 miles + sidewalk = very slow commute. He’ll either give it away entirely or get out onto the street. agreed. he’ll be going really really really slow. hopefully he’ll hit the street when he gets tired of maneuvering behind people walking their dogs (very common in the morning), or people walking in the middle of the sidewalk (why shouldn’t they, it’s a sideWALK, not a sideride). everyone else’s points concerning the danger and stupidity are well made. the one point that i don’t believe has been made yet is…

the type of people who read this blog are unlikely to ride on the sidewalk. here in LA, a good proportion of regular sidewalk riders are day-laborers/cyclists by necessity, not by choice.

they seem like a difficult demographic to reach… you know?

21. Mike Myers says:

I try to be as vehicular a cyclist as I can. When I do my commute(which isn’t as often as it once was) I’m in the road 90% of the time. I’m lucky to have a MUT for the last mile of my commute in to work. I take a different route home, which is seven miles of 60mph divided 4-lane. Most of that road is actually OK because there’s a wide shoulder and traffic is pretty light. BUT—Florida seems to have a problem designing roads with both shoulders AND sidewalks. Once the sidewalk starts for a mile or so of this road, the shoulder is lost, and it just happens that this happens before the traffic peels off onto some arterial roads. So I can either rub shoulders with SUVs or take the sidewalk until the shoulder reappears. STUPID road design, and not just for cyclists. If there’s a sidewalk and a curb but no shoulder, what are broken down motorists supposed to do? Block a lane and risk their lives, that’s what.

22. Vanicker says:

I’m am amazed that there isn’t one person who disagrees with this. I have been riding on the sidewalk for years and I’ve never had any problems. Riding on the road is *NOT* safe. Simply put, the road is not large enough to fit both a biker and a car (unless there is a bike path, but where I live, there are very few if any of these). Therefore cars have to completely lane change to avoid you.

There are posted speed limits for a reason, if you can’t maintain the proper speed, get off the road. Cars can get ticketed for driving too slow, biking on the road should be no different. I realize it’s illegal, but I think there are probably more accidents from cars swurving to avoid you than people hitting pedestrians on the sidewalks.

And so what if you hit a pedestrian, what’s likely to happen, a few cuts and bruises, at worst maybe a broken arm or leg? How about a collision of 2 cars going 60+ km/hr because they had to avoid your bike on the road. I’d say that’s a little more extreme.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents…

The speed limit is a maximum speed, Van, not minimum. In general, riding on the sidewalk you are more likely to get hit by a car than if you’re riding in the street.

24. chuckles says:

Editors note: editted.
    vanicker – man up and ride on the street. the sidewalk belongs to kids, old people, and the handicapped…. and people that are walking.

the speed limits are LIMITS… to how fast you can go. they aren’t speed minimums, you find those on the highway.

the road is large enough to fit bikers, motorcycles, mopeds, cars, trucks, rigs, tractors, and every other vehicle that uses the road. we have a right to ride on the road.

it doesn’t hurt motorists to slow down for three seconds and pass us in another lane.

25. sasquatch2 says:

minimum speeds are posted where they are applicable, like freeways. I don’t commute on freeways because they don’t have sidewalks, just kidding! Divicci asked a Q about my earlier posting, I was moving to the front of the line of cars stopped at the light but one pulled off to the right and blocked me. this morning I was moving to the front of the line of cars and almost got the door prize from the passenger of an SUV. I looked and saw the passenger’s face in the side mirror, I think he was looking at me, as I came up he popped the door open. I was paying close attention luckily and was able to skid sideways out of the way and avoid his door. he apologized seemingly sincerely so I let it go…

26. dvicci says:

sasquatch2: “I was moving to the front of the line of cars stopped at the light but one pulled off to the right and blocked me.”

That’s one of the reasons I nearly always stop behind the cars at stop lights and stop signs. I’ve made it a habit to take the lane at all intersections. That’s what they’d expect a car to do, so that’s what I’ll do. Sometimes it makes sense to hop a curb, but for me, unless I have to in order to avoid a collision, I’ll stay with the flow of traffic. It’s safer there, and more predictable.

Vaniker: You’re right, “Riding on the road is *NOT* safe.” But neither is driving, or skateboarding, or hang gliding, or spelunking, or cliff diving, or working in a steel mill, or crab fishing… what’s your point? If your point is that riding on the sidewalk is safer, then I would be interested in your evidence. Please refrain from “I just know” statements, please. Thank you.

22 years and counting since my last collision – and that was because I was on a sidewalk.

27. Vanicker says:

While there are no minimum posted speed limits, that doesn’t mean there isn’t one. You can and *will* get a ticket for driving too slow, it’s called impeding normal flow of traffic, and you will get fined. Yes people can take a few seconds to slow down and go around you, but unfortunately we don’t live in a perfect world where everyone drives safe. There are a lot of people out there in a hurry to get to where they are going and they will blindly change lanes to avoid you and risk crashing into a car in the other lane.

If bikes are going to share the road, they should be treated no different than cars. If you are able to maintain the flow of traffic on your bike, then sure, use the road, but otherwise, stay off it (and on the sidewalk with the slower moving world). Until you install those bionic legs, you probably aren’t going to be able to maintain that limit.

So let me ask you this. What’s the minimum speed limit for a sidewalk? Should skateboarders use the road? How about roller blades or runners? All of the previous examples are easily able to move as fast as a average moving bike, but do you see them using the road?

I agree, biking on the sidewalk is not safe, but I believe biking on the road is even *less* safe.

Sasquatch2/Dvicci – Thanks for your replies. They were at least sensible and logical. Obviously we share a difference of opinion. I do try and justify my opinions best I can, however I’m quite confident that there’s no convincing you to be on my side. But I can try!

Chuckles – Rather than calling me an idiot, try posting some constructive criticism towards my comment. I see your post has since been edited (to filter out the idiot comment), probably by an admin. Grammar, punctuation and capitalization also help if you want me to take you seriously.

28. dvicci says:

No, I’m afraid you won’t convince me that riding on the sidewalk is safer. This got rather long, so the very short summary is here for those who don’t care to read on (or are already part of the choir):

In short, riding on the sidewalk is often illegal, takes you out of the field of view of motorists, adds noticeable time to your trips, takes more energy, and forces you to pay attention to more than you already have to.

Read on for more in depth discussion”

The first reason is easy. In many (but not all) places, it is simply illegal to ride on the sidewalk. Ride on the sidewalk, and get a ticket for it. But you may want to know why it was made illegal. I can’t say I know all the legal, policy, political ins and outs (I’m sure it varies from one location to another), but here’s my stab at it.

Drivers are trained and conditioned to pay attention to certain things within a certain field of view. That field of view pretty much encompasses the street they’re currently on. Sidewalks fall outside of that area of observation. Simply put, motorists aren’t generally looking for traffic on the sidewalk. What they do expect of sidewalks is traffic of a certain speed (walking, or jogging). Cyclists typically exceed that speed, which makes you an unpredictable variable in motorists eyes… assuming they see you at all.

Because of this, to be safe cycling on the sidewalk, you will need to slow and/or stop at every intersection (including any location cars enter and/or leave the roadway). This adds a lot of time to your trip. Consider also that starting from a stop (or even a slow crawl) on a bike takes more personal energy than simply keeping a certain speed.

The 360° awareness that Noah has mentioned is just as critical on the sidewalks as it is on the roadway, however, you not only have to be aware of obstacles and traffic on the sidewalk, but also of traffic on the road as well. You’ve increased your observational responsibility. You run the risk of being struck from the side at every intersection by motorists who are trained and conditioned to think roads are for traffic and sidewalks are for pedestrians.

Riding on the road can seem to put you directly in harms way, but while you are on the road (I am assuming adequate lighting and reflective clothing), you are going with the flow of traffic (I’m also assuming a certain degree of common sense and intelligence, and that you’re not riding against traffic). You are where motorists are looking. By acting predictably, and doing what drivers expect, you are safer where you can be seen.

I absolutely disagree that skateboarders, rollerbladers and (certainly) runners can move as fast as the average moving bike. My commute averages about 11-14mph on a heavy, baggage laden steel frame mountain bike. On my road bike, push that average to 16-18mph. Personal comparison to other cyclists I know and read about shows that my average is on par with most of the rest of the community. While it is possible that a skateboarder or rollerblader can push those velocities for short distances, the average runner certainly cannot (most will never achieve the 27.1mph of Donovan Bailey at the 60-meter mark).

Striking a pedestrian (or skateboarder, rollerblader, etc.) while on a bike can have tremendous consequences. Perhaps not as severe as a car striking you at high speed, but it is easy to imagine an extended hospital stay for the struck. Consider the possibility that the struck is an infant in a stroller.

On a less severe note, being closely passed by a bicycle traveling at 12-18mph while walking/jogging/running is just as disconcerting for the pedestrian as being passed closely by a car traveling at 35-40mph is for the cyclist.

So, not only are you adding another area of observation to your observational responsibilities (the sidewalk AND the road, rather than just the road), but you have to look out for traffic on the sidewalk. You have to look out for faster AND slower traffic.

Some things to remember:

Be respectful.

Don’t act erratically. Be predictable.

Contrary to instinct, I believe you shouldn’t ride inches from the curb. The closer you are to the curb, the less room motorists will give you. Riding out a couple of feet will encourage motorists (most of the time) to give you more room to pass. It’s strange, but in 30 years of riding on the roads, this has been my direct observation and experience.

Be visible. Plenty of lighting, reflective gear and bright colors are your friend at all times of the day.

Ride a rusted out old beater. This will indicate to motorists that you have no idea what you’re doing, and they’ll give you a wide berth.

If you are of shorter stature, wear a elementary school style backpack, and hang tassels from your handlebars. Motorists are even more protective of children than they are of women. Colored straws wrapped around the spokes help.

29. Jennifer says:

What if there is no sidewalk?

30. Vanicker says:

Execellent and valid points dvicci. I still not convinced it’s safer, however agree with some of what you’ve said. In rebuttal to a few points you’ve made:

1) It’s illegal and you will get fine.

Couldn’t disagree more. I’ve ridden past literally hundres of cops on my way to and from work, all while riding on the sidewalk and not one has made the effort to give me a ticket. I’m not saying that they coudln’t, I realize it’s illegal, but I guess they have “bigger fish to fry”, or maybe it’s not worth their time. Either way, I’ve yet to be ticketed nor have I seen anyone else ticketed. Now, maybe that’s not the case where you live, but for me, it’s not an issue (at least not yet).

2) Takes you out of the field of view of motorists.

This I agree with, and it’s probably the only thing I agree with, and it’s probably your most valid point. You are a lot less noticeable on the sidewalk then on the road. *BUT*, I feel as a bicyclist it becomes more *your* responsible to look out other drivers rather than other drivers looking out for you. At least that way, you’re in charge of your own fate so to speak rather than relying on other drivers to watching out for you (lane changing to avoid you, etc.). As long as you’re smart and pay attention to your surroundings you shoudln’t have any problem. I always look 36° around me as I’m approaching an intersection to make sure there is no chance that a car could hit me. And if I do see a potential hazards, I hit the brakes and, if necessary, walk my bike across the intersection. Safety first and foremost. I think that if you’re smart, you can be a lot safer on the sidewalk.

3) Adds noticeable time to your trips, takes more energy
    Perhaps, maybe it does take a little longer. But for the safely of myself and others, that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. Better alive and 5 minutes late for work than dead I always say.

4) Forces you to pay attention to more than you already have to.
    True, and I pointed this out in #2. But that’s something you have to be able to do when you choose to ride on the sidewalk. If you can’t handle it, and you think by having to think less about your surroundings that bking on the road is safer, then by all means, bike on the road. For me though, it’s not that difficult, it’s like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

5) Contrary to instinct, I believe you shouldn’t ride inches from the curb.
    I agree. Riding too close to the curb gives drivers the thought they have more room than they really do. If I do have to ride on the road (no sidewalk available), I give myself a few feet. If you end up losing your balance and fall over, hopefully the driver is far enough away not to hit you (another reason to stay off the road).

6) Wear a wig. The perception that you are a woman will kick in the protective instinct, and motorists will give you a wider berth.
    lol – interesting idea…I’m not sure if it’s for me. Although while perhaps not socially acceptable it might increase your survival rating ;). A little sexist…but I’m sure it has some merit.

To Jennifer:
    If there is no sidewalk, of course I have no choice but to ride on the road :). It’s very rare where I live for there not to be one though.

BTW – I hope you don’t think I’m arguing with you. I think of it more as a friendly debate. Obviously neither of us will be convinced to sway to the other side.

31. Levi Howard says:

I ride bike on the sidewalks all the time and i go around the sharpest corners also i sway sharp around cars when they about to turn left or right sometimes i slide without falling when im going home from work i did some zig zag back to the apartment on the sidewalks.

In westborough i rode bike on snow and ice without falling. I am a bike professional in all bad weather condtions as well.
    I’ve been swaying alot around corners in my entire life.