Commuter Bike Store Fuji TahoeElectric Bike ReportPlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesBionX: Electrify Your BikeMiiR Bottles one4oneCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearOrtlieb Bike Bags & Panniers

The most convenient mini pump ever created

by Commute by Bike

If you’ve ever been forced to use your mini pump to reinflate a tire you know what an absolute pain it is. Even with a high end one, you’re leaning over your bike grunting and cursing while trying to force air into your tube.

Not to mention it looks like you’re doing something highly inappropriate for the side of the road.

That may all change with the Cyclaire mini pump. It uses a rip chord to pump up your tire which makes it extremely easy and efficient. And at a mere six inches, it can fit easily in your pocket or bag.

Here’s the video from their site:

They company is in the UK and the price on this after shipping is pushing $50. If you’ve ever had to use a mini pump on the side of the road before, you’ll agree it’s worth it.

Cyclaire mini bicycle pump

found on the Dirt Rag Blog

9 Responses to “The most convenient mini pump ever created”

I use CO2, but that’s ingenius.

2. Dwainedibbly says:

From the company web site, they have a “Plus” model that goes to 120psi. And the pump head is presta-compatible. Very nice!

I wonder what the break-even point is for this pump vs CO2.

3. Randy says:

This has been around for awhile. There have been a number of discussions about it at BentRider Online, e.g. http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33322 and CyclingForums e.g. http://www.cyclingforums.com/t417157.html

Overall impressions seem pretty positive…

4. wannaCmore says:

Cool tool, but for $50 it had better come with a lifetime warranty on that string.

5. JiMCi says:

Too bulky for me. I’ll stick to my lightweight minipump and inflate my tires the old fashioned-way!

6. Eric S says:

OK. So I went ahead and bought the thing. I got the plus model which goes up to 120psi. I also got the pump/case combo. I’ve used it once so far just to pump up my tires a bit on the commute home because they seemed to have lost a little air.

Indeed, it was very easy to attach and use. There is some vibration when pulling the cord, but I don’t think it would cause any physical damage if used only on occasion. (There is actually a warning on the documentation). The case fits right under the main triangle part of the frame near the seat and it does not get in the way of anything. I did not weigh it, but while it may be an ounce or two more than some high-end mini-pump, it certainly does not feel heavy.

I for one am already glad I got it since it will certainly speed and ease the effort on flat fixes on the way to or from work…

7. Eric S says:

Indeed, it was very easy to attach and use. There is some vibration when pulling the cord, but I don’t think it would cause any physical damage if used only on occasion. ( There is actually a warning on the documentation ). The case fits right under the main triangle part of the frame near the seat and it does not get in the way of anything. I did not weigh it, but while it may be an ounce or two more than some high-end mini-pump, it certainly does not feel heavy.

8. mattotoole says:

This pump looks really neat, but why compare it only to a mini? Full sized frame pumps are still available, work great, and weigh only 6-8 ounces. The pull cord is a great idea though.

9. Cyclaire mini-pumps have now reached Australia through Cyclaire’s exclusive Australian distributor, Just4Oz Pty Ltd.

The Cyclaire Rapid (80psi) pump for mountain bike tyres and the Cyclaire Plus (120ps) pump for road tyres is available with carry case and can be ordered direct or online.

There is no need for the time and cost of international post from the UK when ordering from Just4Oz. Check us out for details.