Xtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesMiiR Bottles one4oneOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineRideKick Electric Powered Bike TrailerBionX: Electrify Your BikePlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearChrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsBike Bag Shop -- Grocery, Shopping, Market PanniersCommuter Bike Store Fuji CambridgeUtility Cycling - Use Your Bicycle

Italian bike lock

by Richard Masoner

Italian bike lock

Originally uploaded by turbofan.

Photo by Ryan Richardson who saw this while visiting Venice. Via SFist in a rant about the new bike rack at Trader Joe’s.

6 Responses to “Italian bike lock”

1. Patrick says:

I went to the Performance Bike chain store the other day, only to find there are NO BIKE RACKS out front. I asked the guy inside, and he said that the shopping center wouldn’t let them put any bike racks out front. THEN WHY DID THEY EVEN SIGN A LEASE THERE? I’m disliking Performance more and more every day.

2. William says:

I got yelled at to get off the road by a guy in a pickup truck with a big sticker for a local bike shop on the tailgate; the kind of sticker the owner might put on to advertise his business rather than the kind that a customer might use to show their loyalty.

3. Juan says:

William….you should have taken the name and number of the shop, and paid them a visit. I’m sure the owner would like to hear how his shop is being represented.

I had a bike shop owner pass me and do the same thing, but we’re friends and he was just giving me grief. I wonder if the guy in the truck thought you’re somebody he knows?

5. William says:

For some reason I don’t feel like giving him the benefit of the doubt. I thought about riding to the shop and confronting him, but instead I went to work and did something productive.

6. MGPSMITH says:

I really like the idea of the rider who memorizes license plates numbers of pain-in-the-arse motorists. To paraphrase his story, next time you see Pickemup Bob at an intersection you could thank the bitch for the kind little horn toodle…

Why is it that bike racks are so complicated for people who design shopping areas? I’ve noticed the same thing in my area. Even those who should know better….One of the bike shops…along a major highway NOT in a shopping area…has a rack, the others force one to lock onto the banister, nearby automobiles, somebody’s poodle, etc…