Chrome Bike Backpacks and Messenger BagsBionX: Electrify Your BikeCygoLite Bike Lights: Engineered to ShineMiiR Bottles one4oneUtility Cycling - Use Your BicyclePlanet Bike: Better bike products for a better worldBanjo Brothers Affordable Cycling GearXtracycle Bike Cargo Kits, Parts and AccessoriesOrtlieb Bike Bags & PanniersBike Tech Shop - The Experts on Cycling with CircuitryCommuter Bike Store Breezer Greenway DX Hybrid Bike 24 Speed - 2011 ModelRideKick Electric Powered Bike Trailer

Gary Fisher and bikes for transportation

by Richard Masoner

Gary Fisher was in the UK over the weekend, so Carlton Reid caught up to him to talk about bikes for transportation.

Gary Fisher lives in San Francisco, where he’s a big supporter of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. He uses a bicycle to get around. “I made myself a promise: I’m going to ride no matter what the weather condition and I’m going to pick everything up on a bike.” It’s great to hear about industry leaders like Fisher who use a bike for transportation, because that means they encounter and think about the practical issues that transportation cyclists face.

Visit Quickrelease.TV for listening options.

BOB Trailer Sale

13 Responses to “Gary Fisher and bikes for transportation”

1. WheelDancer says:

Gary Fisher whose success is based upon his total belief in the product and is willing to put his own skin in the game. He is my idea of a true executive; one who executes their vision and lives with the results. Quite different from the executive profile that fails miserably and still demands a bonus.

2. Paul says:

Just got the call from my local bike shop about my Simple City front bike rack to go on one of my existing bikes, can’t wait to put it on! Maybe someday soon I’ll be able to buy a Simple City bike, too.

3. anon says:

I hope this tweed fashion fad goes away very soon.

4. Ringer says:

I was just in San Fran for a conference…what a great bike town. Made me want to ride even more. And made me wish the weather in NH was more like the Bay Area.

I also saw that Gary Fisher posted a comment in response to a recent NY Times article about the cost of owning a car. There are about 150+ comments, and, as could be imagined, there’s a rather vitriolic debate between bike commuters and car lovers. Of course, I guess anyone could post a comment under the name “Gary Fisher,” but I’d like to think it was him. Check it out.

5. STuart M. says:

I just love his outfit! Where did he get it? I wish the knickerbocker suit look would make a comeback.

Fisher had it made. There’s reflective stitching in it that’s pretty cool.

7. He uses a bicycle get around. “I made myself a promise: I’m going to ride no matter what the weather condition and I’m going to pick everything up on a bike

8. Awesome! Some really helpful information in there. Bookmarked. Excellent source.

9. mbt chapa azul in training muscles, relieving the strain on joints, promoting posture and mbt chapa chili gait and even burning calories at every step.

10. buy steroids says:

Your writing is great, thank you for sharing, I would like to recomend it to my friends.

11. well worth the read.I found it very informative as I have been researching a lot lately on practical matters such as you talk about…

12. Good post,This was exactly what I needed to read today! I am sure this has relevance to many of us out there.

13. tinggi badan says:

Gary Fisher lives in San Francisco, where he’s a big supporter of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. He uses a bicycle get around. “I made myself a promise