The bike swap was basically a bike-specific swap meet. Nirvana for DIY mechanics, bargain hunters, and bike nerds. I took some video and added some uplifting music to make it seem even more fun than it was.
- 0:04 The Bike Shop Hub booth, with an enormous amount of cycling detritus juxtaposed with shiny new e-bikes.
- 0:23 Flagstaff Biking Organization selling helmets for $10.
- 0:37 An accordion player on the back of a tandem. And you can hear me panting as I chase them down the street.
- 1:07 The Bike Parade comes into focus with kids leading the way–learning to claim the lane at a young age.
- 1:48 A tall bike, and several inexplicably green cyclists, followed by…
- 1:53 Our publisher, Josh Lipton, pulling an Advert Bike Trailer.
Here are some photos of the event:
And this morning there was a commuter ride starting at City Hall at 6 AM, featuring inspiring speakers. I assume they were inspiring; I was hitting the snooze button when this photo was taken by Josh:
How did your community launch Bike to Work Week?
Got photos? Send me a message and let me know about them.