New Belgium’s Clips of Faith was in town last Friday, and even though it was threatening rain, my wife and I went.
Clips of Faith is a beer sampling and independent film tour. And even if you’re not a beer lover, it’s a nice way to spend an evening.
It was a great loss not only for our local college-age drunks. But Clips of Faith is more my speed than Tour de Fat anyway. It’s bike-friendly, kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and most importantly to me, wife-friendly.
If the tour passes near you, here are a couple of the films you can see on a big, drive-in sized screen, and the proceeds benefit a local nonprofit in these cities.
A failing effort to relocate a small population of endangered Wisconsin newts begins to fray the sanity of two research assistants.
The Millionaire’s Club “Live” – High and Dry
This short documentary follows the story of the Seattle street performing band The Millionaire’s Club as they busk in Seattle’s Pike’s Place Market.
Want to see more?
The remaining cities on the 2011 tour are.
- Santa Cruz: Friday, July 15th 7:30 PM
- Davis: Friday, July 22nd 7:30 PM
- Seattle: Friday, July 29th 8:00 PM
- Portland: Friday, August 5th 7:30 PM
- Missoula: Friday, August 19th 7:30 PM
- Asheville: Friday, September 9th 7:00 PM
- Charlotte: Friday, September 16th 7:00 PM
- CharlEston: Thursday, September 22nd 7:00 PM
- Atlanta: Friday, September 30th 7:00 PM
- Athens: Friday, October 7th 7:00 PM
- Knoxville: Friday, October 14th 7:00 PM
More information is available on the Clips of Faith Website.